Accelerate Your Career with Fashion Business Essentials
The Ultimate Fashion Business Course from Yellowbrick, Parsons, and WWD
The fashion industry has seen tremendous growth over the last decade. With annual revenue hitting $1.55 trillion in 2021 and millions of workers globally, fashion has become one of the most booming businesses in the world. As the industry continues to evolve and expand, there is significant interest in pursuing a career path in fashion for both novices and veterans seeking opportunities to upskill and explore new avenues in the fashion world. WWD and Parsons School of Fashion have created an innovative online course that gives learners insight into the intricacies of the business. Fashion Business Essentials features experts from WWD and Parsons who break down branding, marketing, retailing and much more. Students who complete the course will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from Parsons.
There are five Fashion Business Essentials modules:
- Entrepreneurship and the Fashion System
- Managing Fashion Production
- Fashion Branding
- Marketing Strategies
- Retailing and Distribution
Students receive instruction from some of the most innovative names in fashion such as Jeff Carvalho, the co-founder of Highsnobiety, Keanan Duffty, an award-winning fashion designer and the Director of Fashion Programs at Parsons, and Joshua Williams, an award-winning fashion creative director, consultant and educator. Lessons include consumer researching, building a collection, transparent and sustainable sourcing, licensing, and strategic marketing.
Fashion Business Essentials is a strong course for students at all career levels. Whether you’re a fresh graduate trying to break into the industry or upskill to boost your resume or a seasoned professional in search of a career change, Fashion Business Essentials is an affordable and accessible way to redefine your career path.
ONLINE COURSE OUTCOMES
Graduates of Fashion Business Essentials can expect to complete the online course with an understanding of:
- The evolution of the fashion system
- Supply chains
- Transparent and sustainable sourcing
- Managing production and communication with factories
- Tech packs and size grading
- Wholesale distribution
- App-based retail opportunities
- Using SEO and website metadata
- Best practices for social media marketing
ABOUT OUR PARTNERS
Parsons School of Fashion is one of the five colleges of The New School, specializing in the spectrum of fashion design and marketing practice.
WWD is a media publication covering breaking news about the fashion industry, designers, celebrity trendsetters, and extensive coverage of fashion week.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
If you’re still not sure if Fashion Business Essentials is right for you, think about the following questions:
- Are you interested in working in the fashion business but aren’t sure where to start?
- Do you work in fashion but want to explore a new career path?
- Are you already working in fashion and you’re interested in getting a refresher on industry practices?
- Do you want to pursue an education in fashion but need the flexibility of an online, on-demand course?
For a video preview and a complete course catalog, head over to Fashion Business Essentials and sign up to learn more.